Monday, October 11, 2010

Balloon Fiesta

So these past weeks there has been the glorious balloon fiesta here in Albuquerque. Let me just say not so glorious especially when the day you decide to go to the actual field it is to windy and don't even fly the dumb balloons. I wouldn't be so bitter about this if: 1. there weren't so many people, 2. the food wasn't so expensive, and 3. there weren't children running around wild, crying EVERYWHERE! So I understand that the balloon fiesta is the only thing that brings people to New Mexico, but it seems to bring so of the weirdest rudest people- tourists and a bunch of them. I'm not used to these people and all they want are frappuccinos hot. When I went all I wanted to do was eat, but that was not a very good option because there were long lines everywhere and the food was way over priced. I spent my time waiting in line for a burger that wasn't very good and I could have gotten for a dollar instead of six. I would rant about the children, but I think any sensible person could understand this one. 
This is what I advise. If you want to go to the balloon fiesta, go but don't go to the actual field. Wake up early drive around, get a breakfast burrito, get your coffee. On your own time and at your own preferred price. Go with some one you love and it could be romantic. 

1 comment:

  1. "it could be romantic"... or the worst day of your life. Either one.

    ReplyDelete