Thursday, December 9, 2010

Novels

So lately I have been reading a novel for school. And the more I read it the more I realize how dumb novels are, and how overrated they are by the people who read them. First of all, the particular one I'm reading is trying to point out the problems in society and the human race in general, but my issue with the story is that it is all made up and I'm sure half the people who have read the story haven't even picked up on the points he was making. He's trying to be a rebel and show everyone up, by making up a story that doesn't even have that good of a plot and putting meaning to it. Maybe I have came to this conclusion from analyzing it to much, but come on. I don't think I will ever figure out why when people want to state their opinions on things, they will write a whole made up, boring story about it and hope that everyone gets what they are saying. In my mind it makes much more sense to, I don't know, just write a book about your opinions without making it fictional. I know that doesn't sound like as much fun but reading a boring story isn't much fun either and at least it would be shorter!
Another thing I have been wanting to say on this subject is that kids these days read the stupidest books! Also, people will write stupid books but then there are always some kid who decides to read it, just for fun. I mean who really wants to read a depressing book about a kid in an orphanage, that someone made up and isn't real at all, just so you can know what it would be like to be an orphan and have a good cry.. Um no thank you! That sounds like such a waste of time yet kids read this stuff and find it fun. Not to mention they will feel better about themselves because they read a book and they think they learned something, and they will say instead of going and seeing a movie I read a book, that was probably written at a seventh grade reading level. I understand that to some people writing is like their art but I feel like half the people putting books out shouldn't. And they wouldn't if it weren't for the dumb kids who read them.


No comments:

Post a Comment