Friday, December 24, 2010

Xmas

So this Christmas season has been like any other.. but still unique in its oddly annoying ways. I think this was the year when everyone and every club decided to have a grande ugly sweater party or day. Here's the thing, it's a great idea in all and would be fun if everyone actually wore an UGLY sweater... it would be hilarious. However, I have noticed that no one ever really does. This bothers me because people will wear their Christmas sweaters and call it an ugly sweater but both you and I know, it's not ugly and they look great. But they will continue to laugh about it be like oh this is so funny and ugly, they know it's not either. Also, another thing I have notice about this year is that they seem to have started playing Christmas music way too early. Like right after thanksgiving. That's too early. Then with my recent maturity I have realized that people don't really care and love Christmas music and the season, they just want to get money out of it (but isn't that what we all do anyways, get money). So now when I see decorations in stores and Christmas music playing I now know that no one really cares, not even Starbucks. But that doesn't stop me or bother me really, it's just nice to think about sometimes. Then, I just have to mention how often people have to be reminded of the true meaning of Christmas.. It's not about the presents no it's about Jesus. But really we still give and expect to receive presents anyway because we have dug our society into such a big Christmas hole, we can't ever get out of it. What if one year you decided that your whole family would just not give presents... it would be depressing. I don't think that's a bad thing though, we like to give and receive presents and it's nice to have it at the same time every year, but I think we should try to stop masking it under the true meaning of Christmas. Well, anyways I honestly do like this season, and the weather an all so hope you all have a very metal christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment