Thursday, February 24, 2011

clothes and music

Lately I have noticed a trend in the music I listen to and the influence it has on the way I dress. Like it's something I honestly have no control over. If I listen to certain music when I get ready in the morning, it effects every aspect of my ensemble. This all make sense though, in my mind.

For example, as I got ready this morning I listened to wavves, which has a very beachy, rock feel to it and well all I wanted to do was wear jean, a tshirt, and pink lip stick. So I did. The music inspired me I guess.

When I listen to ghetto, rap like, I don't know, Ludacris or Snoop Dogg, I tend to want to wear lots of gold. Shiny things that look very expensive, I guess that's what comes to mind when I listen to them... I'm not sure.

As I listen to jazz or classical records, all I want to where are little dresses and an apron. It brings out my domestic duties side and I feel like cleaning and baking and what not. hahaha maybe I should listen to it all the time.

Then, as I stream metal through my speakers.... Heck, all I want to wear is black. Yeah, then with like red accents or a graphic tee. I try to be metal, you know what I mean. I'll usually wear my black shoes and black pants then do like sparkle make up. I guess in my mind that's what metal is.

Now I'm not saying I follow these instincts all the time, but the it really does impact my attire more than I would like to admit. I think that musicians should start pairing up with different clothing companies more often, but not make it just like a one time deal. Like certain clothing companies should do lines of clothes based on certain bands or even songs. Then on the websites play the band and show you the clothes. Well that's what I'll do maybe some day... just you wait. that's all I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment